Lifestyle

Dessert Tray

I feel there is no need for your home accessories to be committed to one specific location in your home.  As much as I like pretty things, I want these things to be functional as well as fashionable.  My coffee table decor will change weekly, if not daily, depending on what we have going on.  For  a chill night at home I like to use our coffee table tray for desert.

Tray: West Elm, Vase: vintage, Plate: vintage teacup saucer, Candle Holder: The Cross, Wine Glasses: wedding gift, Bell: vintage

This dessert tray only took about 5 minutes to throw together (excluding the 15 minutes it took us to pick out a bottle of wine).   Rather than just bring out the wine and a big slab of chocolate, the tray contained the mess while allowing us to sip and nibble by candle light.

Dessert doesn’t need to be fancy, but it can be pretty.  I love good dark chocolate broken up into pieces.  The pretty dish makes it look like more thought went into preparing it.  Fresh fruit or cookies are perfect to pair with your chocolate.  Well, anything really is good to pair with chocolate.

Elle
    January 24, 2013 at 10:11 am

What a cute idea – I love the way you put together this dessert tray! And yes, anything goes well with chocolate 🙂

prairiegirlitc
      January 24, 2013 at 7:15 pm

Thanks Elle:)

amanda
    January 24, 2013 at 2:43 pm

I love that plate, what is the gold design? I am getting very into hosting and I love little nibble plates. It is yet another way to mix and match colors/patterns/etc.

amanda

check us out? follow us back?

prairiegirlitc
      January 24, 2013 at 7:14 pm

The design is an all over floral print. I love using beautiful dishes to serve yummy treats:)

Cee
    January 25, 2013 at 5:55 am

Home decor is one of those things I’m still learning about, particularly in the pretty details category – it looks like you have it down to a science. These photos are so lovely!
    xox,
    Cee

Design Secrets From The Pros + Floral Home Decor + more | Front & Main
    January 27, 2013 at 6:01 am

[…] New Kitchen & Dining Room — Mango Tomato Alyson Fox For west elm — J. Latter Design Dessert Tray — Prairie Girl In The City January Bedding and Bath Sales — Casa Sugar New Year Clean Up — […]