Just as we master our mom uniform for Summer, we are now transitioning into Fall and scouring our closets for our next go to look. We all want an outfit that is easy, quick, but stylish. A staple Summer item for many of us is a classic little black dress. The LBD is not just for cocktail parties anymore. Simple and casual versions are so easy for day to day life. If you have a favourite lightweight one you have been living in all summer, don’t tuck it away just yet! A piece like this can easily transition from hot Summer days to crisp Fall nights. With just 5 pieces, that you probably already own, you can make a seamless transition into the new sartorial season. Here is how I changed up mine.
- I swapped out my favourite beach tote for an easy leather bag. Cross body bags are always a great way to go to keep me hands free for sipping that latte while chasing my kids and momma’s gotta have her coffee!
2. I layered on a cozy, chic cardigan. Cardigans are a Fall must! The absolute easiest way to transition to Fall is by adding a stylish layer. I wore this beauty yesterday with a pair of boyfriend jeans, a black t-shirt, and a pair of slip on runners. The cardi up’d my style game. I am so in love with this Dex Plus collection!
3. I retired my hot weather sandals for a pair of cute ankle boots. Don’t feel like you need to wear a heel. There are some adorable flat boot options this season, that I sometimes wonder if I will ever wear a heel again!?!
4. I put a belt on it! Belts are a great way to define your shape and change the silhouette of a dress. I recommend a stretchy belt for maximum comfort. You can also see this fab little belt from Unbelts styled up here with my gorgeous yellow dress.
5. I love to top off the look with a stylish hat. A great hat can be worn with everything from jeans and a tee to a favourite dress. Did I also mention how much I love a hat to hide day 5 of dry shampoo?!? Who am I kidding….it’s day 7.
See the original post written by moi over at VancouverMom.ca