Today I’m breaking down the components of a good casual holiday outfit. Fun fact….I worked in retail for over 15 years. I have helped a lady or two in my day, find the perfect look for them. Over the holiday season I would always have several women ask how to they could be comfy and casual, but still look put together and festive. They wanted that perfect and practical look for either hostessing or laid back get togethers with friends and family. So, what to where? Here was and is my style advice.
- Opt for a cool legging. These faux leather leggings are much more refined than my daily go-to yoga style ones. These ones were a great Winners find a few years ago. They are actually even MADE IN CANADA! (Check out my head to toe black look here.)
- Pick a print. Adding a bit of interest to your look with a print, instantly dresses up an outfit. A plain tee is going to be too casual. A tee style blouse, however, can be uber chic and easy to wear.
- Go for a cardi! Cardigans are ridiculously comfortable and much more laid back then a jacket.
- Have some fun with your outfit. Don’t be afraid to pop on your favourite pom pom toque (just pack a hair brush), and a pretty bobble or two.
- Add a pop of colour! This oversized red clutch brings this outfit to life. I added an extra bit of red with this bold lip colour. A red lip is always festive.
And voila! A super easy and laid back look to keep you cozy but chic this holiday season.