Ok, it happened. The Spring weather has finally caught up to the season! I have been loving all this sunshine and time outside. Vitamin D really does do a body good. With some renewed energy, I’m trying to regain some focus by setting a few goals for myself all having to do with self care. Self care comes in many forms. Sometimes it’s the big stuff like exercise and healthy eating but it can also be taking time for the hobbies you enjoy, taking a long shower, or heading out for a girls night. In my case I’m working on doing things for myself and striving towards trying some new things.
- Finish reading The Happiness Project. I have been reading this book for months now. I’m loving it, but I just suck at prioritizing reading. I like to read, but I never make time for it. Goals!
- Clean out my beauty products and do a big purge. I’m on a bit of a mission right now to switch over my cosmetics and skincare to cleaner products. I am currently testing out some products from BeautyCounter (I will be sure to share a little review of the products). Yesterday I purchased a new mascara, as I was out, and opted for an all natural vegan mascara.
- Spend as much time outside as we can. For those of you who don’t live in the Vancouver area, we have had so many dark, gloomy, rainy days that I forgot what a sunshiny day even looked like. I can honestly say that time spend outdoors lifts my mood in a big way. Just heading out for a walk with the kids or spending time playing on the back deck is all it takes to turn my frown upside down and it just makes me more active.
- Try out a live video on InstaStories. Guys, I’m a bit nervous about this one. I have no problem sharing and chatting with you all, but there is something about the live video thing, that makes me a bit nervous. Would you guys be interested in me doing some live videos? I would love to chat more about positive body image, mom life, and personal style. Or are you more inclined to watch a YouTube style video? This is also something I have been wanting to do. Or both? Thoughts? I’ve done some videos in the past (you can see them here), but I’d like to something a bit more casual, fun, and conversational.
- Plan a date night with my husband. It’s challenging for us to get out together…at the same time. We are way past due for a night out together, so here’s hoping we can coordinate something soon. Fingers crossed!
top: Dex Clothing Plus collection
jeans: Old Navy (old)
shoes: Mix Mooz