Cargo Style

One of the hottest looks for this Fall is the skinny cargo pant.  It’s a great look and a good alternative to our skinny jeans.   Now like jeans it’s all about finding a great fit.   There is a lot of choice and price points out there, but here are a few of my favorites I’ve found.

The biggest celebrity favorite is J Brand‘s Houlihan Skinny Cargo.  Celebs like Gwen Stephani, Jessica Alba, and Rachel Bilson have been spotted rocking these high end cargos.    They have a great ankle zip detail, come in an oh-so-soft fabric and retail for about $240.

My personal favorites are Fidelity‘s mid-rise Panther Cargo.  The fabric is deliciously soft, it has a slightly higher rise than the J Brand and AG pairs, and comes in a little lower in price at $198.  These are my Prairie Girl pick and will soon be hanging in my closet.

AG jeans has also done a great version of this look and are also getting a celeb following.  The details are a little more subtle on this pant.  They still boast a super soft fabric and retail around $250.

AG Cargo Skinnies seen here on model Alessandra Ambrosio

Maud
    October 4, 2010 at 6:56 pm

Love those! If only I had the legs for them…

MizzJ
    October 5, 2010 at 1:06 pm

Ahhh I so want a pair of these!

Tweets that mention Cargo Style -- Topsy.com
    October 6, 2010 at 10:10 am

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Jen Cunningham, Jen Cunningham. Jen Cunningham said: Hot fall look from 3 of my fav brands, J Brand, @fidelitydenim and @AGJeans. New blog: http://bit.ly/bx9D1N […]

Norman Wriglesworth
    October 8, 2010 at 1:21 am

Cargo pants ?
    To me, those look like anorexic gi joe pants from the 80’s
    What could you even put in the pocket when it’s that tight to your skin?
    paper ?

N.W.

aliciafashionista
    October 8, 2010 at 10:11 am

I really like the skinny cargo pants this season, but sadly they are not for me. When I tried them on, all I saw was thighs accentuated by giant side pockets. That’s how it goes with trends though, so I will admire the pants from afar. Oooh, ahhh, I love 🙂

prairie girl
      October 8, 2010 at 10:03 pm

I’m a curvy girl and the Fidelity one’s are both thigh and bum friendly. I went with black though…felt a bit safer:-)

Char
    October 11, 2010 at 8:00 pm

I just bought the Fidelity ones in green on Saturday, and I’ve already gone back to order the black pair. BEST pants I have ever had. They don’t bag out in the bum or knees after a night of dancing either. I like the higher rise – and they’re much softer than the J-Brand ones 🙂 Love your blog!