Fashion Friday… J Crew

I recently decided that I need some J Crew in my life.   I love their aesthetic…easy, fashionable, laid back chic.  I adore the way they layer color and texture and make simple pieces interesting.

Since I am on a bit of a wedding budget these days, I will not be indulging on a shopping spree of all these pretty pieces.  Instead, I will be inspired and play in my own closet and create some new looks with some old favorites.

I find it kinda fun to hunt through my collections of belts and bangles to see how I can rework a dress I’ve worn many times before.

I have found that since I mainly purchase solid color classic pieces, I can change a piece quite easily by adding in cheap and cheerful  prints and accessories.  Don’t invest in of-the-moment pieces, they need to be inexpensive and disposable.

What inspires you to remix your own wardrobe?  Magazines? Celebs?  Bloggers? 😉

Leonie
    July 22, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Oh my, these J. Crew outfits definitely want to make me shop! But I know how you feel, I am currently living on a “just-moved-abroad” budget. It can be quite awful, but indeed, it’s a good way to shop around in your own closet and discover new outfits!

I like your blog – so I am following you now! Would be great if you could visit my blog and follow me if you like 🙂

July 23, 2011 at 12:03 am

Thank you! I checked out your blog…it’s great. I’m a follower now:-) Thanks for reading. xo

micaela
    July 22, 2011 at 11:24 pm

i love j crew’s style! especially their bright colored pieces. the nude and light pink at first i think is a little blah, but then they style it so beautifully!!

July 23, 2011 at 12:05 am

Yes, I agree the pops of color are so beautiful, but then I’m always a sucker for pretty layers. Thanks for reading:-)

Lorena
    July 24, 2011 at 7:27 am

great looks!!!
    Kisses

Em K
    August 8, 2011 at 8:19 pm

I like these J Crew looks. J Crew has never really been on my radar I assumed that they were an uber preppy, classic brand. I read an article on how the brand has grown and changed in this months Flare magazine (I noticed you were a Canadian blogger!) and I was pleasantly surprised to see that they had a lot of really great pieces! I really like the orange tribal print type skirt.