Lifestyle

How To: Create the Perfect Marriage Proposal

If you take a quick look at the author of this post you’ll notice that it’s not Jen or Prairie Girl. I’m in fact Jen’s recently wedded husband. In case you hadn’t noticed from ALL the posts, Jen and I got married on October 22nd, 2011.

Well, it was exactly 6 months before that I asked her to marry me. I had kept the fact that I was shopping for engagement rings a secret from everyone.

Not even my parents or closest friends knew. On April 22nd, 2011 I took the day off work. It was Good Friday and our plans were to go to my parents house for dinner that night and then head over to Vancouver Island the next day to spend the weekend with Jen’s parents. So, I thought it was a perfect occasion to pop the question and then quickly share the good news, in person, with the whole family.

Earlier that day, I called Jen’s Dad and told him what my intentions were, and asked for his blessing. I then quickly ran out to assemble the pieces I would need to put my perfect marriage proposal together. I had the idea to video tape it that way one day we could show our kids how goofy we were. I can hear it now, “Dad you’re such a nerd!”

Anyway, since I kept the whole thing such a secret, I’ve decided to post the videos so that all our friends and family can share in that special day.

Liane Cunningham
    December 2, 2011 at 4:00 pm

That is so great!
    I am glad you shared this with all your family and friends. I cried again. Love you both.
    Mom

Hilary
    December 2, 2011 at 5:15 pm

You guys are the best! xoxo

December 2, 2011 at 9:16 pm

This was an amazing surprise!!!! I LOVE the videos and the songs. Thank you so much Remo. xoxo

aliciafashionista
    December 3, 2011 at 1:29 am

Just when I thought you both couldn’t get any cuter…
    Seriously great work, Remo! Very thoughtful and it’s so great that you have it all on video to remember (and show the future kids).
    My favourite part is the blooper at the very end of the proposal video, it was hilarious 🙂 You know I always wish the best for you both xo

Tanya
    December 3, 2011 at 6:30 am

My husband’s proposal was quite “perfect”, too. It was in Cinderella’s castle, on a glass slipper, on 4th of July right before the fireworks. 🙂

The Anthology
    December 4, 2011 at 3:47 pm

Soooooooo cute!

So great to see the two of you at Banana Republic!

xo
    Kelsey

Leonie
    December 4, 2011 at 7:06 pm

Loved this video – so sweet! Had to laugh about the “that’s what she said” comment (or am I imagining that comment now?) 😉

ToVogueOrBust
    December 5, 2011 at 11:41 am

Omg hahahaha. This literally made my heart melt. You two are great together, what a wonderful guy you have! I love all the thought he put into this and how inventive he was. Congrats love!

Alex xoxo