The Golden Globes 2012

Here’s how I saw it.

The hits….

Soft and beautiful.

Classic and elegant.  I thought Reese looked amazing!

Helen always knows how to dress age appropriate without looking dowdy.  Just gorgeous.

Nicole Richie stole the show in this Julien Macdonald gown, House of Harlow 1960’s clutch, and vintage circle drop earrings.

Tilda Swinton never disappoints with her fashion forward looks.  This year was no exception with her wearing her good friend Haider Ackermann’s skirt suit.  This jacket is amazing!

The misses…..

From the white shoes (yikes!) to this red satin flip collar….I don’t like.

Gleek gone gladiator???  Way too costumey.

I was so disappointed in Michelle’s choice.  Just not the red carpet glam you expect from her.

Hmmmm……I havn’t decided yet…..

Now don’t get me wrong, the women is beautiful, but I can’t decide if the dress is good, or just her body in it.  Thoughts??

Claire went for a J. Mendel dress with classic lines and a graphic design.

I just can’t figure out how I feel about it.  How about you?  Love? or Loathe?

Trend Alert….Green!

From emerald jewels to feathered gowns, green was a hot colour on the red carpet.  There was also a strong presence of ruby red lips.

And that’s the Golden Globes 2012 as I saw it.

Photos from On The Red Carpet and Celebuzz

Liesl
    January 15, 2012 at 11:02 pm

Beautifully put…and I happen to agree! I did add Clare Danes to my likes, but not top best dressed, for the back of the dress only, which I think did look pretty when on TV. Hope you enjoyed them! 🙂

Liesl 🙂

Leonie
    January 16, 2012 at 12:55 am

My personal favorite was definitely Emma Stone. Loved everything about the look! But I agree with you on the missers – Sarah Michelle Gellar? Yikes!

Cozy Layers

Liane Cunningham
    January 16, 2012 at 2:48 pm

I agree with your comments.And I think too much Red Lip going on!!!

Cara
    January 17, 2012 at 9:25 am

Love Reese & Nicole!
    xo Cara

Jennifer
    January 17, 2012 at 2:44 pm

I actually liked Michelle Williams’ dress only because I thought it was her style and she wore it well. I agree it’s not as glamorous as others, but it’s only the Golden Globes.. she’ll bring it next time 😉

xo Jennifer

aliciafashionista
    January 17, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Great recap! For a second, I scrolled too fast and thought you’d counted Sarah Michelle Gellar as a hit and I thought maybe you’d hit your head! But, it was my bad and I completely agree with your ‘misses’. I liked Claire Dane’s outfit, thought it was beautiful. And I love an emerald green trend 🙂

Lara of WeHeartBeauty
    January 18, 2012 at 4:02 am

I definitely agree with all your “misses” ESPECIALLY Sarah Michelle Gellar. I was embarrassed for her.

I actually loves both Charlize Theron and Claire Daines’ looks. I thought they were unique and fun while still being classy. And as for Charlize… I’m always down for a shade of pink!

xox Lara of http://weheartbeauty.com