Summer arrived a little late here in Vancouver, but it’s now here and it’s hot! I’m a sucker for all things bright and cheery in the hot weather. To celebrate Summer in this glorious city, I thought I would share some of my Summer essentials.
1) My phone…obviously. I used to carry my big camera with me everywhere but find with a toddler in tow, my phone is just way easier.
2) A hat. On Tuesday I went for a big walk with my mother-in-law and Maddie. We stopped for smoothies and of course had ample play time at the water park. My mom wardrobe that day was all worked around wearing this hat. I picked it up the last time we were in Maui.
3) My prescription sunnies. I have been wearing these non-stop since I got them. They are from the Clearly Contacts Camilla d’Errico collection.
4) My hair goes up and back a lot when it’s hot. If I’m not wearing a hat, you will probably find me in one of my I Wear The Headdress turban hair wraps. This yellow is everything!
5) My Swell bottle goes everywhere with me. Hydrate! Hydrate! Hydrate!
6) Sun protection is so important, but I like to use natural options. I just started using this one from Boo Bamboo Suncare. It is available at Whole Foods and also comes in one for your kids.
7) Picnics, time at the beach, or just relaxing at the park are all the best parts of Summer. This gorgeous Everyday Family Blanket from Sunday Dry Goods is a must for all families or for those who’d like someone to curl up with them at the beach. They are a local Vancouver company too! Trust me you want to get your hands on one of their Turkish towels.
8 ) Fresh bright blooms in my house are the perfect way to bring a bit of the outdoors in. I often snip a rose or two from my garden, but sometimes I like to swing by my fave local florist, Tala Florist, for something different.