Does anyone else feel like now that we are past the mid-November mark, that the holiday season is kicking off? The Starbucks cups are festive, the streets are filling with Christmas lights, the holiday commercials are in full swing, and my calendar is filling up. Things are definitely getting busy. I am not wearing that busy like a badge of honour though. I’m excited about the kind of busy I’ve scheduled for the upcoming month and a bit. My busy includes….
- Doing a couple of photoshoots with some amazing local brands. I shot one yesterday and have another coming up today. Plus I’m shooting some fun new things for my blog as well.
- I am a part of an amazing upcoming giveaway + organizing a not-to-be-missed giveaway for my readers exclusively. Stay tuned!
- I have some very festive events coming up that I get to attend with my family.
- Speaking of events, this weekend we are taking Madelyn to see Disney On Ice. This was her birthday gift from us. She’s so excited! And so am I.
- My birthday is at the end of the month. Helllloooo 39!
- We have some holiday parties to attend. Outfits must be planned.
- My little Lily and Sabrina are turning two just a couple weeks before Christmas. We are going to keep things simple this year and just celebrate as a family.
- And of course I need to make some time for decorating, baking, holiday shopping, and would love to sneak in a date with my husband too!
I truly love this time of year. Yes, there are times it can feel overwhelming, but remember, it is absolutely ok to say no. Saying no to one thing may mean being able to go to yoga, watch a movie with your kids, or get some much needed rest. No one has to do all the things, and make sure the things you do do, fill you up.
Happy Holiday Season!
sweater: c/o Joe Fresh
jeans: Addition Elle
scarf: West + Wind (my old shop that is no more)
toque: Barefoot Contessa