Packing is always such a chore. I love going away, but sometimes loathe the packing process. Having been away last week, with another trip around the corner next week, packing is on my mind. I thought I would share my packing recipe to help with the ease of prepping for a summer getaway.
1) Think about what you will be doing on your trip. And be realistic. Do you need a cocktail dress and heels for a family vacay by the beach? Probably not. Break down your activities and plan outfits around that.
2) Don’t pack too many shoes. I am always guilty of this. I packed 3 pairs of shoes for our last trip and ended up only wearing my metallic flip flops the whole time.
3) I don’t know about you, but when I’m on vacay I want to be comfortable. Don’t pack those jeans that are too tight or a dress that rides up. Pack your favourite go-to items with comfort in mind. And don’t forget about loungewear. It’s nice to have cozy stuff to hang out in at your accommodations.
- a pair of jeans
- a pair of jean shorts
- 3-5 tanks/tops (depending on how long you are away)
- casual LBD
- beach coverup
- beach towel (my faves are the Sunday Dry Goods Turkish towels)
- a multi-purpose bag (can take shopping or to the beach)
- a couple of simple accessories (hoop earrings, bracelet, etc.)
- loungewear/jammies and slippers
- sleep mask (you never know how bright your accommodations may be)
- hair ties
- ball cap (because who want to do their hair on vacation?)
- toiletries / suntan lotion / hair brush / dry shampoo / shampoo & conditioner / blowdryer (if they don’t provide one) / flat iron / undies / bras